Interested in becoming a Member of La Crosse Builders Exchange? Click here to download our User Agreement and Membership Application. Annual membership dues are $375 which includes project information, bid lists and bid results for over 3,000 projects annually for the state of Wisconsin, southeast Minnesota, northeast Iowa as well as parts of Michigan and Illinois. Does your company need 24/7 online access to view plans and specifications for any project? Full online planroom access is available for $120 / month (plus applicable sales tax). All new members have immediate access to project information — no need to wait for formal approval by our Board of Directors. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Founded in 1958, the La Crosse Builders Exchange, Inc is a non-profit, member-based organization that assists its members by acquiring plans and specifications for civil, commercial, industrial and institutional construction projects.
Our offices are located at 427 Gillette Street, La Crosse, Wisconsin and is a modern, efficient facility designed to serve the needs of the construction community. Plan Room hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday. We have 5,000 sq ft of work space along with state-of-the-art large format scanning and printing equipment. The Exchange also offers its members project documents in both paper and digital formats, and have recently added two 40-inch computer monitors to make viewing full size digital prints easier.
What is a Plan Room? A Plan Room is a “library” where construction professionals may view bidding documents (plans and specifications) for commercial construction projects seeking bids and/or price estimates for specific construction products or services.
What services does La Crosse Builders Exchange offer? La Crosse Builders Exchange specializes in collecting bidding information from multiple sources, i.e. design professionals, government agencies, general contractors and owners and organizing it so our members may quickly search for bidding opportunities by type, size, geographic region or other relevant criteria. La Crosse Builders Exchange maintains direct and personal contact with sources to update information throughout the bidding process. This ensures that prospective bidders are aware of changes as they occur and receive access to current and accurate information prior to submitting their bid. Project information flows in real time. Our system allows each party in the bidding process to track specific projects, filter information according to their specific criteria and receive updates automatically via email.
Why should you use our services? Construction professionals can act quickly and efficiently to match the need for construction services to those who have the qualifications and experience necessary to provide those services. Our membership fees never vary depending on your building trade or project location. We do not charge extra for project information outside your immediate geographical region. Most importantly, you are assured accurate project information at a very affordable price.
- Project owners can save thousands of dollars by exposing their projects to a pool of qualified contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, who must compete for contracts by submitting the best proposal and/or lowest price.
- Design professionals may monitor bidding activity as it occurs and hold prospective bidders accountable for reviewing all pertinent information prior to submitting a bid.
- Contractors rely on our services to find bidding information for multiple projects in one central location rather than searching multiple locations and formats. This allows our members to focus on preparing a thorough and competitive cost estimate rather than wasting valuable time searching for possible projects.
2016-2017 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Alec Schwartz – Fowler & Hammer, Inc
- Amanda Miller – Bond Drywall Supply
- Brian Pinnow – Wieser Brothers General Contractor
- Chris Brueggeman – Modern Mechanical Contractors
- Craig Namyst – Market & Johnson, Inc
- Dan Moss – La Crosse Glass Co, Inc
- Grant Schultz – S & S Mechanical, Inc
- Jim Fink – Borton Construction
- Lori Clements – Steiger Construction
- Nancy Swanson – Interstate Roofing & Waterproofing
- Sam Tanke – Mid-City Steel Fabricating
- Steve Bell – Badger Corrugating Co
- Todd Buchner – Bernie Buchner, Inc
- President – Sam Tanke, Mid-City Steel Fabricating
- Vice President – Nancy Swanson, Interstate Roofing & Waterproofing
- Secretary – Sheila Erickson, La Crosse Builders Exchange, Inc
- Treasurer – Amanda Miller, Bond Drywall Supply
- Executive Director – Sheila Erickson
- Project Support Specialist – Cheryl Walker
- Construction Reporter / Receptionist – Christine Schurhammer